Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Twilight


I heard about it.  Not interested in a vampire story.  I read blogs about it.  Not interested in a vampire story.  I kept hearing about it.  Again and again.  And again.  Then I started hearing how people are reading all four books in a week time because they can't put it down.  Then I started having friends seeing the movie three times in a row.  What in the world could be so stinkin' good about a vampire story?  I mean, even way back when Tom Cruise was hot I had no interest in Interview with a Vampire.  Nothing romantic about vampire stories.


I finally caved in.  I just had to know what was so fascinating about this book.

Oh. My. Goodness.  

Those of you who know I rarely finish a book will find it telling that I read all 498 pages in three days.  I am having total withdraw at this very moment and trying to figure out how I can get book 2 in my hands before the kids bedtime tonight so I can escape into their world once more.  I am fully obsessed.

Although you are fully aware that it's a vampire story, it is the intense love affair that pulls you into the book.  It is that all encompassing, all consuming, even a bit cheesy, love that one might remember from their first love.  I guess that is why it is a book for teenagers.  But the intensity between this vampires love for the girl and his inner conflict with his own nature is truly addicting.  

Just give in and go read it.  You won't be sorry.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wait till you read the last book!

Amanda said...

SO glad you are reading it! Loved it!!!

Maria Melee said...

Too funny! Same thing happened to me.

Simple Complexity said...

YaY another Tampa convert to Twilight. When you need to satiate your withdrawls, go to http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html and also http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/ and you can get your fill. If you go to Twilight Lexicon you can find out soo much more info about all the characters. Hope you got New Moon (reread it after you read it the first time, trust me, you'll be glad you did even a 3rd won't hurt).

The Tomlinson Family said...

Simple Complexity...
I read New Moon in two days and I have three children under the age of five. I definitely don't have time to read a book in two days. This is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for the sites. I'm sure I'll check them out.