Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catching Up











I haven't blogged in so long I don't even know where to start.


Changes in our house
  • Owen revolted against sleeping in the crib and now shares a room with Lane.  As of this weekend, they both have adorable beds, thanks to my talented father-in-law.  I gave him a Pottery Barn picture and he reproduced it for me.  I am so happy with them.  He is now working on matching dressers.
  • Owen's old room is now a more spacious guest room and now doubles as my sewing room.  Jason is thrilled to get my mess out of our room and I'm thrilled I now have a place I can leave the ironing board out.  It was bittersweet for me to see the crib go up in attic.  After five and half years and three children, that chapter of our family is over.  There was no bitter for Jason.  He couldn't get the crib down fast enough!
Things I don't want to forget:
  • Owen has taken to wearing his sunglasses everywhere-even in the shower.  This kid comes up with some laughable get-ups.  Last night on the way out to eat, he had on a string of beads, an oversized cap, and his sunglasses.  
  • I'm not sure how Amelia got boy crazy (although I do seem to remember a certain Steven I was fond of on the preschool playground many years ago).  One morning she unbuckled her carseat, got this dreamy look on her face, sighed deeply, and said, "I love Nicholas".  It must not be too serious because she has moved on to Michael and Douglas.  Today she got in trouble in PE for trying to kiss other classmates.  We are only slightly amused and take her conduct in school very seriously.
  • The kids are getting really good at playing together.  It cracks me up the things they come up with to play and it changes every week or so.  Lately they have been playing Tom & Jerry or the "baby" game which isn't played with a baby doll but with a small stuffed animal called "baby Owen".  They still don't play with many toys at all.  Mostly it is just their imaginations and stuffed animals.  It is just recent that Owen can take part without messing their game up.  They find some part for him to play.  He acts like he knows what's going on.  He just wants to be wherever they are.  
Labor Day
  • We went to visit my parents over the weekend.  It is so fun to watch my kids experience things out on their farm.  They all got to drive a tractor, which is Owen's favorite and clearest word presently. Against my better judgement, we all went up in a bucket truck to see the view from I don't know, 100 ft. up?  Maybe 50-I'm not good with distance.  It was way high is all I'm saying.  
  • I also got some short visits with my Grandmomma, Mimi, and Aunt Gloria & her gang.  Visits are short when you have three kids getting rowdy but I enjoy any time I get to see them.
Random Updates
  • My sister has moved to town.  This is the first time as an adult that I have lived in the same place as family.  She is my bff so I couldn't be more excited.  I have not yet felt the nearness as they have been busy adjusting to a new house and town and I have been adjusting to the whole having-kids-in-school-thing.  
  • I still haven't felt that whole, "Oh my goodness I have so much time on my hands now that my kids are in school!" I feel just as busy as ever.  M-F mornings start with aerobics. Tuesdays I have started taking Owen to a Music with Mar class. Wednedsays will be for my BSF class that starts next week.  Thursdays a girlfriend and I are going to trade off with each others kids so I can volunteer at the school and she can run errands.  Although some of that stuff hasn't started yet, I've been running errands and turning my house upside down in an effort to organize it.  There hasn't been one moment that I couldn't think of something else I should be doing.  
  • I love having kids in school.  I don't mean I love having them gone all day-that I don't.  But I love everything about school.  I love checking their folders, doing homework with them, I even love carpool line.  I love being the one that picks them up and gets to hear about their day.  I can't wait to start volunteering.  It is like the best of the teaching world without all the parts I hated.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the updates! I really like the boys beds. I can't wait to see the room after you get it completely finished!