Sunday, September 27, 2009

Owen





Owen:
  • adores his brother and sister, greets them with a running hug every day when they return to school, and he just wants to do whatever they are doing.
  • spends his playtime at home either pushing vehicles rambunctiously around the house or sitting calmly and playing with his Thomas the Train track.
  • loves to be read to and loves making the animal sounds of the animals he sees on the pages.
  • is rotten to the core and fits every "baby of the family" stereotype that I've ever heard. He gets away with stuff I would have never dreamed of letting the others get away with, mostly because I have so many other battles to fight and I'm just tired.
  • is almost perfect in public when you take him out alone but turns into something entirely different when running errands with the other two. He is that kid jumping out of the shopping cart and screaming at the top of his lungs all the way through Publix. Sorry, people, I've got to go grocery shopping!
  • loves giving kisses, Zerberts, and the best tightest hugs ever. He is very affectionate and gives it out freely, he doesn't know a stranger.
  • is known for catching you off guard if you are sitting on the floor. He will run and jump on you full speed with no prior warning. He's strong too, and we often find ourselves flat on the floor from this.
  • copies EVERYTHING his brother and sister say and do. It is hysterical. One thing he picked up from them is saying, "get my hiney, hiney" after his nightly shower. He then runs full speed away down the hall and expects you to run after him and tickle him when he gets to his room. He is so stinkin' cute when he says this.
  • thinks he needs to wear his sunglasses everywhere he goes. He is also known to have on a string of beads and a hat of some sort. It is quite the sight! Good thing he hasn't discovered Amelia's dress up clothes yet!
  • is starting to talk more and has many words that are understandable to me and Jason and of course his brother and sister. He calls Amelia, YaYa, which was originated by Lane and he calls his brother Yane.
  • has skipped the two year old "NO" and moved on the the three year old, "WHY?". He asks this after everything you say.
Happy Birthday, Buddy! I can't believe you're 2 years old today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Owen Boy!! Awesome job on the cake!! Miss you guys so much:)

Kelli Bennett said...

I can't that boy is two!!! I hate that we missed the party. I hope you guys had a great time. By the way, the cake is adorable.

Kelli Bennett said...

I meant to say I can't believe that boy is two!! Sorry...my mind isn't working so great these days.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Owen! I wish Ella would have skipped the two year old "No"...she has already started it, so maybe it will go away sooner. :)