Saturday, November 14, 2009

Upcoming Fun

A few fun things in the near future.


Soon Jason I and will be going to Dallas to see our friends Ben and Karen and their new baby Hallie. Jason grew up with Ben and lucky for me I love his wife as much as Jason loves Ben. I will also finally get to meet Amanda and Zach, two of their best friends, that I have become friends with through their blog and our mutual friendship with Ben and Karen. It is the first big trip Jason and I have taken without the kids in a while. They will be in great hands while we are gone. They will think they are on a vacation as they enjoy their cousins and family friends. I am looking forward to the time with Jason. I feel slightly apprehensive about being across the country from my kids but I know holding them tightly does not change anything as they are in God's control, not mine.

We finally made our Christmas plans! Amelia has been wanting to see snow for a few years now but we have been putting it off until Owen got to a manageable age. Now that I realize he may never be manageable, we figure we will just go. For weeks we have had very vague plans, unsure of where to go and what to do when we got there. Neither Jason and I are interested in skiing and our kids are certainly not at the age for that. But I was hesitant to drive north only to stay in a hotel and turn around and come home. We finally decided on North Carolina to go snow tubing. We have a full agenda of things we think will work for our kids. Reservations are made. We are leaving the day after Christmas. It's official!

Very much looking forward to the holiday season. Our annual Christmas party is around the corner and that is always surrounded with a lot of exciting planning for me and a fun time with friends at its finale. Jason and I feel a huge relief in the gift giving department as we have decided to make our gifts meaningful rather than stress over finding the perfect gift for each person. We are trying to focus on quality time with family rather than a token gift that they probably don't want or need anyway. This really simplifies the season for me and allows me to focus my family on the real meaning of Jesus' birthday rather than rushing around preoccupied with shopping.

Hoping that you all have many exciting things in your near future as we approach this fun holiday season!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to finally meet you guys. Warning though, I am huge and pregnant! :) So ready to have this baby already!